Low Carb Keto Ginger Chicken Recipe
Lately I have been tempted by my husband’s stir-fry obsession. Many times, we go to food courts around town to grab a delicious and cheap meal. We love the variety that food courts offer and have some decent options here in Hawaii. My husband gravitates towards Chinese and Japanese stir-frys, which are unfortunately never keto. Sugary sauces, fried meats, and vegetable oils seem to be the trend with these restaurants. I decided I can no longer take it anymore, and came up with this amazing low carb keto ginger chicken stir-fry recipe. Now when I crave stir-fry, I can have my fix, guilt-free!
Nutritional Info (Makes 4 servings)
Kcals per serving: 331
Fat: 18.7 g
Protein: 27.1 g
Carbs: 16 g
Net Carbs: 9.9 g
¼ cup coconut aminos
¼ cup erythritol
2 TBS coconut vinegar
1 TBS grated ginger root
4 garlic cloves
1 TSP chili garlic sauce
1 TSP guar gum
2 cups water
8 oz Asparagus
8 0z Button Mushrooms, sliced
4 TBS Mct oil
Sea Salt + Pepper to taste
1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs, cubed
1 Cup Red onion
Recommended Kitchen Tools:
Measuring cups and spoons
Pan or Cast Iron Skillet
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set to the side.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a sauce pan (Add more if needed). Boil the asparagus until slightly soft. Rinse in cold water. Set to side.
- Heat 2 tbsp MCT oil in a pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add buttom mushrooms. Cook around 5-10 minutes until mushroom water has dissolved. Remove from pan and set to side.
- Heat the other 2 tbs of mct oil over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add onions. Cook until onions become translucent, around 3-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms back to the pan or cast iron skillet and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add asparagus.
- Pour sauce over the stir-fry and cook until everything is coated evenly, around 1 minute.
- Divide into 4 bowls and serve or store in air-tight containers if meal prepping.