Keto Buffalo Chicken Skewers With Cheese Dipping Sauce
With football season coming up, I can’t help but think of some of those delicious game day recipes my friends would serve at house parties. While I personally don’t watch football, I can certainly appreciate the foods that football season brings. Comfort foods like hot dogs, barbeque, and buffalo chicken recipes are on my mind more than ever around this time of year.
Unfortunately, most of these recipes have enough carbs to put me in a food coma for days. So, I came up with this keto buffalo chicken skewer recipe that is the perfect low carb food for game day or any other meal for that matter. I pair the skewers with my delicious cream cheese dipping sauce for the win!
Note: This cheese sauce is on the stickier side. That’s how I personally like my cheese dips and sauces, however if you like cheese dip on the runnier side this may not be for you.
What are your go-to keto meals for game day? Comment below and let me know!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup cheddar monterrey cheese blend
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 bunch celery – cut into sticks
*Also needed are 4 wooden skewers, soaked for 1 hour before using.
For the chicken:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Thread 4 ounces of the chicken thighs on each of the wooden skewers
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for around 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover each chicken skewer with buffalo sauce.
For the sauce:
- Place both cheeses in a medium microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove bowl from microwave and stir.
- Microwave again in 30 minute increments until cheese is completely melted, stirring the cheese between increments.
Serve skewers with the cheese sauce and the celery.
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 572
- Fat: 40 g
- Protein: 43.9 g
- Carbs: 9.2 g
- Net Carbs: 6.9 g