Keto Breakfast | Ham & Mushroom Scrambled Eggs
As someone that is constantly on the go, I don’t have a lot of time to spend on breakfast. Scrambled eggs are the perfect keto breakfast option. They are quick, easy, and packed with vitamins and nutrients. I can add in a ton of leafy greens and some salt, ensuring I replenish my electrolytes for the day. If you are a fellow “keto-er” you know how crucial it is to balance those electrolytes!
I’ll admit that the same ol’ scrambled eggs gets boring after a while. Because of this, I like to play with adding different ingredients to my eggs to switch things up. By playing with different proteins and vegetables in my eggs, I am able to keep things fresh and also quickly drum up a nutritious keto breakfast every day! Furthermore, it keeps my scrambled eggs tasting absolutely delicious!
So, what do you like to add to your scrambled eggs? Comment below with your favorite scrambled eggs ingredients and recipes!
Note: A great way to get extra fat into this meal is to serve it with keto coffee. Not only does it pair well with eggs, but it also gives you an energy boost!
- 4 tbsp mct oil
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 lb crimini mushrooms
- 8 ounces ham
- salt & pepper
- 1 bunch spinach
- 8 Large Eggs wisked together
- Heat around 1-2 tbsp of the mct oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat
- When oil is hot, add red onion and crimini mushrooms to the skillet. Cook until mushrooms start to turn clear, around 2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in ham and continue to cook for around 2 more minutes, adding mct oil as necessary.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add spinach. Stir until spinach wilts
- Add eggs to the mixture and remainder of oil and stir to blend all ingredients.
- Stir until eggs are cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Separate onto 4 plates, or 4 containers if meal prepping.
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 27.4g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbs: 9.5g
- Net Carbs: 7.1g
Printable Version: Keto Breakfast_Ham Mushroom Scrambled Eggs